Friday, March 13, 2009

SAVE A LITTLE TIME FOR ME

Every day, and I do mean every day, you have to touch something that inspires you, excites you, lifts you up and puts you in a good place, even if it’s only for a few moments. Be it quiet time, a beautiful poem, or the sight and scent of a lovely flower you need me time.
I know that there are the children, work, the church, your man, and all the other people places and things that you have interweaving in and out of our daily lives. Unfortunately you are often the forgotten one. It is an atrocity to go through the routine of the day and not treat yourself to a few moments of pleasure. Please understand ladies that every day and I do mean everyday without hesitation, you have to do you. With all the hustle and bustle that we encounter on a daily basis, you must commit to taking the time to be silent, be still and take in the moment? You must take the time to acknowledge and honor your being?
Magnificently, if you are reading this article, then you are at this moment taking time to yourself to read a word of encouragement. Congratulations to you! Go a little further though; right now take a look at your nails, your feet. Could you use a manicure and a pedicure? What is the condition of your hair today? Is a shampoo in order? What about your skin, have you oiled and moisturized your body today. How is your breathing? Are you tense, feel your shoulders, take some deep breaths and relax. Have you drunk a sufficient amount of water today or taken the time to exercise for better health? Have you flossed your teeth today? Have you looked in the mirror and said I love you today? Ask yourself, what have I done for me today? Stop right now and give you some time. Five minutes of me time is a wonderful place to start. Remember that if you don’t love and take care of you, nobody else will. Your inner being radiates with joy when you take the time to honor you. By honoring yourself, you uplift and honor all women.

Leave a comment below and tell us what you did to take care of yourself. Remember that you are fabulous, beautiful and worthy of the very best in life!

-Necey

7 comments:

juicy_peach1971 said...

Last weekend I had my lil cousin down visiting and I took the time to get myself and her a mani and pedi. She never had one really before, so I got it for her. She is growing up into a lovely lady as well, so it was time for her to experience time for me as well. I took this whole week for me. I was not feeling good, so I took the deserved time off..Unfortunately without pay, to take care of ME! Once a week I do for Elysabeth.

Anonymous said...

Alright, do it, Ladies. Thankfully, I do get to do the 'arts and crafts' me often. However, I really love to lounge in my robe after a shower, give my self a facial, especially with a mud mask. Then, I nourish my body in scented, natural oils. Ow, ow, ow I get on with me! (I mean that in the most self-loving way possible.)

Necey said...

Very nice ladies verys nice. It's good to see that you are doing something fabulous for yourselves. It's so electric to make time for yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Necey

Unknown said...

I am usually running from here to there between work & church and doing things for others. I have learned to take some "me" time. If it means I call out from work for a day & sleep in, or go for a walk on a break @ work, I make time for me. This year I decided I would do more things for myself, going places & doing things I really want to do. People who know me know that this is a shifting for me because I'm always doing & going for others. Ladies it FEELS SO GOOD to finally start doing those things I use to say "girl, one day Ima do this...one day Ima do that" (forgive the bad english).

Anonymous said...

Ladies, you are so right. 2day I am going to take a ME Day. I realize I deserve it. I am going to treat myself to a nice lunch and have that glass of wine 2. Afterwards, I will take myself to a movie. But first, I have to make a phone call to my job. LOL

Ashley Tamara said...

I always try to give myself "me" time. I work really hard so I spoil myself. I get a mani/pedi every other week. I looove to shop, even though I do it too much it still is for me. Sometimes ill treat my self to a nice dinner and dont look at the price.

Anonymous said...

hello ladies and much LOVE!!! well it's been a long time coming but this past weekend after doing a couple of OT hours at work I decided to treat my self to a pedi... It was so refreshing and relaxing, the scary thing about it though was it really gave me time to reflect on the things currently going on in my life. I am always plotting my next move my next step, but I never really sit down and ask my self Monique what do u wanna do for you?? So saturday I had 1 whole hour to really think about me and how I have loss my pizazz, but guess what I made a promise to myself to get it BACK!!! so I am going to DO ME even between, the kids,that man, and those bills I'm to young to let it all GO!!