Friday, March 6, 2009

An Unbreakable Bond!



When a woman shares a painful part of her story, all women pause and feels her pain? We all seem to swallow a lump in our throats and experience a brief moment of reflection, a sort of mourning. A part of us relates in some way or another to the story being told, and in your mind your thinking, I’ve been there girl; I know what you’re going through, I understand your pain.
Those goose bumps and the strong energy that invades your body from head to toe when we are in the mist of relating to another’s experience is your inner self longing to heal, begging you to listen, giving you a sense of relief that you are not the only one who is dealing with a particular situation. Your inner self is often nudging you to take the opportunity to share your story so that it may help someone else who needs relief or healing. However, it’s sad that we fear letting our guards down and hide behind the veil of make-up, designer shoes, purses and clothes and the false self image that we have created to mask our inner unhappiness, fears and insecurities. Why are we so afraid to be real and expose the circumstances of our pain, when the truth is that we all on some level are dealing with emotional baggage, the bondage of the past and the challenges of everyday living?
Women have a strong connection to one another that is not obvious to the naked eye? All though, social and economical status, race, religion and geographical boundaries divide us, there is an invisible emotional energy that binds us. That bond or connective tissue that ties us together is the collective experiences of women all over the world and throughout history. Extreme Discrimination, exploitation, verbal suppression, sexual and physical abuse and slavery is embedded in our psyche and DNA. Please let me not forget to mention the challenges of raising children often alone, love, marriage and infidelity, body image and money issues. Every woman, everywhere, can somehow relate.
I believe we can help heal one another by listening to and sharing our experiences. The best part is when we triumph through situations and we are able to articulate the lessons that life was teaching us, our so called negative stories and experiences evolve into reflections of positivity, joy and encouragement for ourselves and other women who are on a similar journey. A group of women sharing and caring is a phenomenal pain killing drug that I recommend women prescribe to for strength and inspiration. Ladies Lets care enough to share!
On Valentine’s Day this year, I along with my dear friend Terra (Terra you’re the best) had an opportunity to host an all female party for our friend Ms. Tonisa Jones, and it was absolutely lovely and inspiring. We weren’t sitting around feeling down and out because a brother had not bought us a bouquet of flowers, a teddy bear and candy. OH No! This night was about self love and appreciation. We danced and participated in fun and positively affirming activities, we ate, we drank, we had lots of laughs and most importantly, we shared, cared and celebrated ourselves.
To the ladies that partied with us: I want to say thank you to Latonia for being a bright and shining example of strength and courage, and thank you Kat for reminding us about what a sexy shoe can do for the aura of a woman. Thank you Janclynne, for reminding us all just how beautiful we all are, and Olleisha girl you won best hairdo of the night, absolutely immaculate hair. Laquita, your smart sweet presence balanced us all out. Tracey you reminded us that women super are intelligent. Liz your down to earth presence reminded us to keep it real girl, and Charlene your smile could light up the world. Shawnitra if the term beautiful brown skin was in the dictionary, your picture would be there. Christine, can you please teach me how to dance like you when I grow up, moms was doing her thing. And to Diane, we all want to look like you when we reach 46. Teach us your beauty secrets please. Thank you so much Terra, I could not have done it without you. And Tonisa, thank you for the stage and opportunity to launch my first party and help expand what I am most passionate about, which is inspiring women to live full and passionate lives. I look forward to seeing you all at the next party. Please share your comments!

And remember that you are beautiful, fabulous and worthy of the very best in life!

Much Love Necey!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is true. There is healing in sharing experiences we have had as women. I know I have felt much better when I realized that I wasn't the only one going through what I was going through.
Ladies, I enjoyed Valentines day and am looking forward to the next event.
T

Anonymous said...

Shiver me timbers. I loved reading this log. I cried, as I read. I'm crying and as type. Perhaps the signifgance of what we experienced is revisting me. Perhaps it's 1am, I'm tired and need to go to bed.

That 2009 Vaentines Day Party was like a crash course, Cliff Notes, mini rite of passage in self love.

Necey, You are sooo welcome. I am grateful to help manifest your vision. Don't be modest. You know you're the best! (I know I'm being corny.)

Remember ladies, as Jancylynne would say, you are beau-tiful!

That still cracks me up.

Until next time.......