Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A visit from my friend!

For a long time each and every month, I experienced swollen breast, uterine cramps, a headache of extreme magnitude, along with mood swings that went from happy to irritable, to overwhelmed and just plain aggravated for no apparent reason. It seemed as if I was possessed by some sort of entity that had taken over my body and mind. These symptoms although less extreme, have now become my constant reminder each month to remember to break the chains of self sacrifice, to become responsible for my health and my wealth, and to pursue the things that I love and are most passionate about.

Beginning around 5 years ago around the time of my period, I would develop a deep longing to retreat from everything and everyone, while at the same time my inner soul would torment me with severe with physical and emotional PMS. I felt like I would surely go crazy if I did not do something about it, so I began to seek solutions to what it is that causes this shift particularly in my soul and character during menstruation.

I refused to believe the indoctrinated belief that because Eve ate the fruit from the tree in the Garden of Eden, menstrual pain and pain in child birth became the woman’s burden to carry. I also rejected being told that the symptoms that I was having each month had nothing to do with my actual life and that they are strictly a result of hormonal shifts in the body. I also refused to settle for masking my symptoms with pills. Thanks to many spiritual teachers and health care professionals that are committed to truly helping women, I learned information that sent chills through my body to the very core of my soul. I knew that I had found the answers that I needed and that have actually made a world of difference in my monthly menstrual experiences.

I discovered that we carry a store house of negative beliefs, thoughts, hurts, losses, and negative experiences that are suppressed or minimized for many years and eve decades. Over time, these suppressed emotions become overwhelming and along with our monthly hormonal shifts, begin to reveal themselves physically through extreme PMS. These symptoms are the body’s wisdom (your soul); pleading that life’s unresolved issues be attended to. It’s a wake up call designed to remind you to begin to fulfill your purpose and take care of your own needs and desires. Poor diet, and a negative environment simply enhance these symptoms. In addition to the above, I discovered that the cycles of the moon and the earth, have a complex and beautiful connection to the monthly menstrual cycle that women experience. The true meaning of our menstrual cycles has been suppressed and we are ignorant of its spiritual and magnificently beautiful deeper significance.

As a result of what I discovered, I made lots of adjustments in my life. I stopped ignoring myself and my needs. I find ways to be alone and ask for guidance to deal with my suppressed emotions through meditation and the use of positive affirmations. Deep hidden emotions and lots of realizations have begun to surface, and are helping me to establish a better sense of self love and worthiness within myself. I also make it a part of my life to generally eat healthy and exercise. I try my best not to complain about my period and I chant quietly to myself, that my menstrual cycle is the way that I connect with the cycles of the moon and the tides and it is fabulous.
My body is now responding to my positive energy and the adjustments that I have made with love and much less intense PMS symptoms. I am now developing a wonderful relationship with my menstrual cycle and I actually welcome it each month and all the wisdom, and intuition that I gain during that time.

I have also come to realize that the whole Authentic Me concept is really all about me and my personal journey to discovering my authentic self and a purpose filled life. My vision for the Authentic me organization, my writings and my products is that my journey helps someone on their path to spiritual, physical and financial wealth all while deliberately designing her life to be fabulous and extraordinary.

Remember that you are fabulous, you are beautiful, and worthy of the very best in life!

Necey-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I have never had too many really bad experiences with my menstral cycle, I have known many women who have. Your observation and interpretation of it is interesting to me.

Necey said...

Thank you for you commment. This subject is a very complex one. I look forward to digging a little deeper on this subject in future postings. There is so much more that can be said. I wish to help as many woman as possible have better relationships with their menstrual cycles.

-Necey

Common Sense with Betty said...

Now that my menstrual days are over I can shout HOORAy. Now that the big "M" has setup residence in my body my experience has been less than fireworks. Menopause is a journey that needs to be traveled with an open mind and much patience. Very interested to hearing other comments about dealing with Menopause

Necey said...

Oh Betty,

The Big M you say. I found out when The Big M comes, things really heat up and get really spicey. I have been experiencing peri-menopause, which leads up to menopause. We don't have to suffer during either one,and isn't it amazing that lots of woman don't. It would be interesting to look into their lives and past and see what the differences are, compared to women who do have severe menses. Tending to those emotional needs, herbal regiments, proper diet and exercise is the key.

T. Monique said...

Let us the thought that "what you resist persists". I don't know about anyone else, but I heard aLOT of complaining about periods and some how I thought that only bad girls got it. Needless to say I was flabbergasted when mine showed up! Any rate, perhaps most of us have been taught to fear it, resent it and that causes the suffering. Surely, there is a way to deal with pain without suffering.

Youniversally Yours,

tmoniquesblogspot.blogspot.com