Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A LOVE AFFAIR WITH ME!

I’ve been hearing for years that self love is the key to a fulfilling life, but it wasn’t until recently that I gained true clarity on the subject. At the tender age of 39 I realized what it really means to love myself, and start to consciously show myself love and appreciation.

My definition of self love is being able to honestly acknowledge that I am an important being who understands her self- worth; therefore I take the time to nurture and take care of myself. It’s about being able to look in the mirror and into the window of my heart knowing that I am perfect just as I am. Once I recognized my self-worth, my self- talk began to change and I began to treat myself differently. I learned that the way I treat myself is the way that people will treat me, and how life will treat me. A lot of layers have been peeled back and yet there are still more layers, but every day I am evolving. I've learned to become silent, to be still and listen to the voice of the spirit or being that I am beneath my flesh and bones.

I realized how surface my so called taking care of me was, so this new found love has me spending a lot of time on me. Each morning when I awaken I practice deliberately focusing on happy thoughts, and all the wonderful things that I am grateful for in my life right now. I spend at 15-30 minutes in silent meditation which puts me in a good feeling place. I stand in the mirror and repeat positive affirmation to myself, about myself while looking myself in the eyes. This is very powerful. I do lots of reading and writing every day. I make sure that I drink lots of water and exercise because it’s about feeling good and taking care of me. It helps to clear my thinking and makes my spirit is lighter.

I seduce myself with a warm baths, foot scrubs and facial regiments at my leisure. I Lotion and massage my body into softness and lay back and relax and take it all in. I take the time to floss and brush my teeth to my satisfaction. I take care of my hands and feet. I do whatever it takes to look my best when I step out of the house. My space is neat and organized which is a must in order to be able hear life when it speaks to me.

I relish in having the time to prepare myself healthy meals. I love sushi and fine red wine, and treat myself to it often. I visit the ocean and rivers in my city and I go to the park and sit out in nature a whole lot. Spending time in nature balances me. I drive through beautiful neighborhoods and visualize the life style that the universe has set aside for me. I Love seeing good movies that make me laugh and cry. The five dollar Monday thru Thursday $5.00 deal has me hooked. I visit museums of art and take in the beauty and silence of it all.

A 9-5 is not an option, never has been, never will be. Typical and in the box society is not designed for us to have the kind of freedom that I have. I have always believed that you have to claim your freedom and take it. It’s so amazing that when you do; the universe is standing there waiting to bless you with everything you need and more. I speak out loud everyday with great knowing that there is no lack in the universe. I have temporarily downsized my life style to be able to spend time with me. Yet I feel, see and know that I lack nothing. I have actually gained so much. I now understand that chasing money never brings happiness, but true happiness causes money to chase you instead.

I have no pressure to be or have anything in particular. I’m staying present and allowing life to flow. I'm doing what I want to do, what I enjoy and what I am passionate about. The negative thoughts still creep in from time to time and tell me that I can't accomplish my dreams or goals or live the life that I desire. I simply tell my mind, thank you for sharing and I keep doing what it is that pleases me and visualizing and seeing my life only the way that I want it to be. I turned 40 on December 21st, and I have never felt better. Life is wonderful!

Leave a comment and share what are you doing to take care of yourself in 2009?
I look forward to chatting with you and remember –
You are beautiful, fabulous and worthy of the very best in life!
Much Love - Necey
talk2necey@gmail.com

2 comments:

Necey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E-Class Ventures said...

I congratulate you on having exited the rat race/merry-go-round of the typical work world and eagerly await the day that I can join you as an ex-8-to-5 worker.

On a side note, where are these $5 movies?